The insurance industry is facing a staffing crisis with 25% of the current workforce set to retire by 2018. With only 4% of millennial candidates seeing insurance as an attractive career choice, we are on the brink of a serious talent shortage. So here enters the timely question – How do we recruit, engage, train and retain the best and brightest millennials to join insurance? The Insurance Institute of Canada will present a 10-minute summary of their findings, which will lead into a thought-provoking panel discussion.
- How can we enhance candidate perceptions of the insurance industry?
- Creating a compelling employee value proposition
- How can the insurance industry improve its reputation in general?
- What types of programs can bridge the gaps between multiple generations in our workplaces?
- New era, new jobs: how to leverage technology in evolving roles
- Are you having a harder time getting millennials in the door or retaining them?
Vinita Jajware — President, Toronto Insurance Women's Association
Margaret Parent — Director, Professionals’ Division, The Insurance Institute of Canada
Mark Edgar — SVP Human Resources, RSA Canada
Noelle Codispoti — CEO, Gamma Iota Sigma
Robin Ingle — CEO, Ingle International & Novus Health